Social Icons

.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The king and the fortress



Each time that the king walks around his fortress that is still building it's walls... Hundreds of workers working stacking rocks. It is really weird that the king himself stops many times to carefully help and work with them, he has his own spaces that only he works on it.
Accompanied with his counselor admiring this no harmony in work but there is a certain bizarre beauty, yes there was no harmony at least this was the opinion of the counselor. You can see places people working in groups and other places someone building alone, some uses dark stones others uses colored stones... Some places the wall is already too high and other places still at it's beginning. But the counselor gave up asking the king about all that is happening. Except that one day surprised by a bizarre thing seen newly he couldn't keep his silence longer and he addresses to the king... My lord aren't those the spies of your enemy? and they were supposed to be killed? You kept them alive? No no worse, you assigned them to build part of your wall... It's your wall it's your protection...

The king smiles and explains: my dear friend walls means nothing to me, cause war means nothing to me, it's just a frontier to make my visitors feel safe. But what's important is what I learned during all the history of my kingdom is to be open to all people, let all participate in building my kingdom, it brought joy to my heart and diversity to my city. As you can see I put my touch very carefully from time to time, look at it how I have drawn the limits between the different workers.

I understand my lord but still your enemies are inside your walls and they can easily plan your death, and you have great engineers who can easily make your walls high in short time.

Looking in the eyes of the counselor the King keeps seconds of silence wondering in his mind, after all these years and still this man did not understand, then he says: my enemies are so busy with planing to kill me so they can't see the easy way to get my head, and assigning to them the walls in that side of the kingdom is the best way to keep them busy, and for the rest I do not want to finish my walls now, I do not want to die early I want to keep seeing the evolution and work around me.

Not very convinced, but glad that the king is at least giving him some answers. The counselor continued maybe he will find what will heal his curiosity. Now supposing that I am convinced with what you already said, I can see also that every day new people come and work, people who you do not know, you do not know where they came from nor what they want to do, how do u assign to them where to work so you stay safe?

Enough questions for me, the questions are now, what are you doing here? you have been my companion for years and you have many security doubts but still u feel safe, ask this to your self.
My enemies fear what they don't know and they don't know what is the reason of my safety and prosperity, It is not me who assigns each where to go but it is the great power from above who I learned to trust, It is the wisdom of God. Every morning I wake up and go to the high tower in my castle and take a look on the workers and I notice their movement and how with time some leave and the others go work at the place that fits them maybe not from the first day but soon. Like you at first I was worried and tried to force my opinion but after all nothing worked except this way.

So at the end I tell you, this is all a combination of my experience that allows me to put limit to each, my good heart to accept the presence of all people in my kingdom, my faith in God who distributes each person to where he belongs and at the end the great mystery that is created by all this combination increases the love and respect of the good people and creates fear in the mind of my enemies who stays lost wondering from where to attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment